change default text size project

Hi all. I have searched but can’t find an answer to this.
I would like to change the default text size for projects. I go to Project Formatting Preferences and change it to Courier 18 but it does not seem to affect the project.
When I go into a new document it is still Courier 12 which is so small on my monitor that it is difficult to see let alone work with.
I have also gone into Scrivener>Preferences>Formatting and change the text size but it does not seem to affect my projects.
I can’t believe there is not a way to change this but I can’t see how.
Can anyone give me a hand with this?

Note that you can change the magnification in your editor window without changing the font. View -> Zoom -> Zoom In/Out

Make sure that you really have set the formatting you want in the Project preferences pane. The easiest way to do this is with the “Use Current” button in the upper right, which will take the formatting of the current document.

Finally, are you using one of Scrivener’s Document templates? Those can have formatting that will override the preferences pane.

Katherine

Thanks for your time and the good information. The zoom thing is the trick. Couldn’t find that in the manual.