Change Document Targets

I accidentally set a document target to the wrong word count, but now I can’t figure out how to change it. When I select it from the footer there is no option to change the total. Nor can I change it from the percentage bar in the footer. Is it possible to change a document target after it has been set?

Thanks!

Hi.
Normally, clicking on the progress bar at the bottom of the editor brings back the pop-up where you can set it.
If that doesn’t work, try restarting Scrivener.
And ultimately, if that fails too, reboot.

If clicking the progress bar in the footer is not bringing up the document targets panel, it’s likely you’re viewing a Scrivenings session of multiple documents rather than a single one. In Scrivenings, the targets of the included documents are combined in the footer count and as displayed on the progress bar, but since that then isn’t representative of the specific target assigned to a single document, you can’t edit the number while in that view. You’ll need to briefly switch to viewing just the single document you want to adjust, then switch back to Scrivenings.

This fixed the problem! I keep the view in Screenings so I can click on the folder and see all of the subdocuments together, but I didn’t realize that was complicating the target issue. Thank you so much!