Change first level folder type to "Part"

I’m trying to figure out how to have my non-fiction book make the first level folders (inside of the book folder itself) be a “Part” with all subsequent folders being chapters. I’ve make the sub folders all chapters just fine. But can’t find where to turn the top level folders into Parts.

Any help is most appreciated.

Not quite sure what you are after here. How is it you are successfully declaring certain folders Chapters? That might give me a clue what you are pursuing. Is this about assigning a suitably named Section Type to things? If there is no Section Type of suitable sort you yu can just create one under Project Settings — of course, later you will have to tell your chosen Compile format how to present things with that section type. One other hand, if the Part folder thing is just for your own organizational purposes (not reflected in compiled output), you probably don’t need to do anything.

1 Like

That was helpful, thank you. I added a new section type and then told the compile how to handle it. This way I can have Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 of the book with appropriately numbered chapters inside of each.

I appreciate the help!

1 Like