Change label/status in editor

I write on my laptop with two side-by-side editors open to the scrivenings view. On the right are my source scrivenings, which I’m revising into the destination scrivenings on the left:

My question is, can I change the label and/or status of a scrivening from this screen? My rationale is that I’m proceeding through the source scrivenings and want to relegate them to “finished” status – without changing this layout.

Thanks for any advice–
yours
Michael

I use the Inspector for this. It will show the details for the section you are currently editing in Scrivenings.

That’s not a bad suggestion, but I suppose what I’m trying to do is change label or status with something like a control-click (or right-click in Windows), or with a menu or keyboard shortcut. My inspector pops in with footnotes and comments when I need to see them.

If there was a keyboard shortcut to bring up the inspector with a specific view, I could do it that way. :neutral_face:

But maybe I should frame the problem differently – forget status and labels. :question: Is there a way to easily and quickly designate, tag, or label these scrivenings in the right editor? Right now I’m changing their titles, but that feels inelegant in a way that only metadata (I think) can solve. Or can it? :confused:

yours
Michael

You can jump directly to an Inspector pane from the keyboard in fact. :slight_smile: Check out the View/Inspect/ sub-menu for the various shortcuts. Of course any of the ones that show you the General section in the middle are good. The shortcuts work like this: if the Inspector is closed or showing another pane, it just switches to it for viewing. If you press the shortcut again the editor focus will be placed in the Inspector. So for example, if you want to insert a keyword to tag the document with, just hit Ctrl-Opt-Cmd-J twice, and then hit Enter to start typing.