changing a paragraph's font size changes the PREVIOUS paragraph too

When I highlight a paragraph and set the font size, the previous paragraph (NOT highlighted) also changes. A 14 pt paragraph followed by a 36 pt paragraph became two 36 pt paragraphs.

ALSO (trying to debug the same problem), when I copied the document in Mac Scrivener 3 and pasted it into Windows RC5, font sizes switched. 14 pt followed by 36 pt became 36 pt followed by 14 pt.

(I pasted from macOS to Windows running under Parallels.)

VERY odd.

ALSO, I cannot highlight a pilcrow with mouse alone. On the Mac, I can triple click on a pilcrow and select the full paragraph. On Windows, that doesn’t work. All I get is the text, not the pilcrow. (I think it matters, but I may be wrong.)

I’m not able to duplicate the font changing issue reported. So, I’m not sure why/how this is happening for you? If you can provide exact steps I can try those to see if I can replicate.

As for not being able to select hidden carriage returns, no invisible characters are selectable on Windows.

As to selecting one para and changing an additional one, usually this happens when someone’s used shift-enter instead of enter. Sounds like the user would know, though, because of showing nonprinting characters.

The only way I’ve managed to include a pilcrow in a selection is to put a character (such as a space) before it and include the space in the selection.

And the thing about Mac version and Win version swapping formats, I think that may be a new bug also. Shouldn’t be happening; they’re using the same format for their files.

Okay, thanks for additional context. We’ll investigate further.

At the Dropbox link is a video showing a bit more of the issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xurmk995g7c6wvq/pilcrows%20and%20line%20heights.mp4?dl=0

Ah Ha! Thank you for the specific video report of this issue. Well try to address this for the next release.
P.S. regarding selecting pilcrows in Windows, a hack could be, insert cursor before Pilcrow then SHIFT+DOWN arrow key.

At the link is a video addressing the problem as I originally descried it in this thread … changing font size in a paragraph changes formatting in the PREVIOUS paragraph.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3f4wxqxpp9kudxe/line%20height%20in%20RC7.mp4?dl=0