Changing font size in compile

I just got my proof back from Createspace and I’m wanting to change the font size. I go to compile > formatting and then select the appropriate level and highlight the text and change the text size. However, when I then compile, the font size isn’t changed. All the other changes I’ve made (like indents) have taken, but the font size refuses to change. I’ve tried everything I can think of. Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong? Is there something I’m overlooking?

After hours of frustration, I realized what I was doing wrong as soon as I posted this thread. Turns out I was just being dumb. I don’t know what it is about finally posting for help in a forum that causes such clarity, but that’s usually how it works for me. :smiley:

You are not alone in this, rest assured. I personally think that writing down the problem, and how someone might re-create it, forces you to examine the issue in detail and to engage different parts of your brain. I sometimes take out a pen and paper to work out a technical issue, or to brain-storm how to untangle a plotting mess that I’ve created, because the act of slowly writing it down makes me focus more on the details.