Changing font size universally

Hi. First off, I apologize if this has been posted before. I did a cursory search, but could not find the answer I was looking for.

I have created about a dozen notes, scenes, character sketches, etc in my current Project. I’ve realized that I’m squinting at the default font size. I know how to change the font in whatever window I’ve got open, and I think I know how to change the default font size for future pages. But how do you change the font size for all items in the entire Project without having to open each and every item?

Thanks,
Leona

Hi Leona,

You can just load up all the different documents in scrivenings mode then select all the text and change the font size - that’s the easiest way if you just want to change font size.

To ensure the font and formatting is as you want for new documents, set the default formatting you want to use in the “Formatting” pane of the Preferences. You can apply that default formatting to existing documents by selecting them in the binder and going to Documents > Convert > Formatting to Default Text Style. Note that this will change all the formatting to match your default set-up and not just the font size, which is why I recommended using scrivenings mode for affecting font size only.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Keith

Keith,

Thank you, I appreciate the quick reply. However, I’m not sure I understand. What exactly do you mean by scrivenings mode? All the documents are open in the Binder, but I can only select one at a time.

Leona

Hi Leona,

I definitely recommend you go through the tutorial. :slight_smile:

In short, scrivenings mode is the mode in which you can view and edit multiple documents as though they are a single file. You can select more than one document in the binder by holding down command or shift while selecting files, then enter scrivenings mode (the stacked paper icon next to the corkboard in the toolbar).

As I say, I definitely recommend going through the interactive tutorial, available via Help > Interactive Tutorial, which introduces you to the main features of Scrivener; scrivenings is one of the core concepts, covered. If you’re in a rush and don’t have time to go through the tutorial just yet, then the ten minute video introduction on our videos page should give you a good overview until you have more time.

Hope that helps!

All the best,
Keith

Keith,

Ok, I found it in the tutorial. I actually had gone through the tutorial before, but didn’t commit the different terms to memory. I’ve figured it out - one thing that throws me is that no matter which of the 3 icons is chosen, it still says ‘Group Mode’ underneath. Perhaps an improvement could be that once in Group Mode, if you choose the stacked paper icon, it would say ‘Group Mode --> Scrivenings Mode’ or something like that. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for your help, that was exactly what I was looking for!

Leona