Chapter Headings

I’m trying to create an e-book (mobi) and I get everything to work fine except for Chapter headings.
I want the title page, then Part One, then Chapter one… etc
What I get is Chapter One Title Page, Part One, Chapter Two Chapter One, etc.
I’ve tried fiddling with the formatting, but that doesn’t seem to do anything. How do I get rid of the automatic chapter headings?

I think I am asking this question wrong, so let me reiterate. I have the following binder structure:
Manuscript
Title Page
Chapter One
Chapter Two

I am using the template for Novel with Parts. I am using the latest version of Scrivener. I am trying to put this out to a Kindle in the following way"
Title Page
Part One 2002
Chapter One
etc.

I have read the manual and tried every combination of formatting and layout. What I get for the table of contents is either:
Chapter One
Contents
Contents
Chapter One

Or

Contents
Chapter One

When I page through the document I get the title page then Chapter One with no heading then Chapter Two with no heading.

If I click on 2002 in the TC I go directly to Chapter One with no heading.

I am sure I am doing something wrong, but what I have no idea.

Bill

Hi,

Sorry this one got missed for a few days!

It’s important that you have a page break between each chapter and between part titles and chapters, so check your “Separator” settings under Compile. It’s also important that your titles are set up correctly in the “Formatting” settings.

To make up for the late reply, I’ve put together a compile format that should work nicely with the novel-with-parts template for exporting to e-book formats. Download it, unzip it, then in Compile, select “Manage Compile Formats…” from the bottom of the “Format As” menu, and in the panel that appears click on “Import…” to import this compile format.

Note that you may want to provide a custom contents page when using novel-with-parts, as the standard auto-generated all-centred page may not meet your requirements.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Keith
EbookPartsCompileFormat.zip (5.89 KB)