Check Box in ListStyle

I’m trying to create a doc that has several items in a list. Instead of bullets or outline numbers or such from a font menu, I would prefer an open box that when I click on it adds a check to the box. I’ve searched the manual and looked at obvious places in the program interface, but I don’t see such an option. If it isn’t there already, it would be nice to have it added.

Thanks,
JAC

Do you mean an interactive checkbox, such as in VoodooPad? It’s certainly a possibility, at least on the Mac—I have no idea if it would be possible for Windows. Meanwhile I typically just use bullets for to-do lists, and overstrike (Shift-Cmd-Hyphen) to mark items as done. It’s not as fancy looking, but it works as well as a pencil and paper list. :slight_smile:

Another thing I do is break out my to-do lists into the outliner itself. This is better for larger items. A practical example is when I need to do a large user manual revision prior to a update to the software. I’ll create an outliner entry in a “To Do” folder for each feature, and then within that I will have my smaller lists that I use overstriking on. For the main item itself, I mark it done using the Status meta-data field. So in effect, I use the best tool for the job here. I can create to-do items anywhere in my Binder by just marking them as “To Do” with their Status, and build a search that collections them from all over the project. So it’s a good, contextually relevant and fairly powerful approach (while no means meant to replace a proper productivity tool, Scrivener’s flexibility means you can do some pretty sophisticated stuff if you want) to handling checklists in Scrivener. But like I say, for simple procedural lists, I prefer just knocking out a few bullets and then striking them out when I’m done.