Choice of Backup location for each project

I’ve not been keeping up-to-date with the forum for months now so excuse me if this has already been covered. I’m currently working on several Scrivener projects and, as far as I can see, it’s not possible to use a separate backup folder for each project without repeatedly changing backup preferences. Or am I mistaken on this? If I’m not I would find this very useful.

This is coming in a future version. :slight_smile:

Concerning manual backups:

That would be kinda nice, but it works well for me to have one backup location for all Scrivener backups, with the different filenames distinguishing the backups from different projects.

And here’s something neat: I use OneDrive (Formerly SkyDrive) for my backups, so, with one click I backup to the cloud, so even if my house burns down (again), my projects will be backed up.

Where it comes in really handy is if you use Scrivener professionally as well as personally (ahem). A good chunk of my projects should rightfully be backed up on our shared server, but I don’t want my personal projects backed up there. So I’m left with remembering to copy backups manually, and I’m not very good at that. :slight_smile:

And yes, having your backups backed up again off-site is crucial; can’t recommend that enough. That is one very good thing that the “cloud” thing has made easy for everyone to do.