Closes Immediately In Windows 8.1

I’ve recently upgraded to windows 8.1.

I’ve run Scrivener successfully, but today, when I try to run it, here’s what happens:

The “This beta will expire” dialog comes up.

When I click OK, that dialog disappears, the main window appears briefly, and then disappears.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I installed the new beta and now it’s working.

BTW, I tried reading the text blurbs that occur during install. No one, absolutely no one on the planet, would be able to read the text during the time it was displayed on my computer. Perhaps you have very slow computers over there.

I’m tempted to make a video so that you can see how silly it seems.

Check guidelines such as.

a. Text must be held for a duration calculated at the rate of 5 words per second, (i.e., 0.2 seconds per word) plus:

b. Where the text concerned contains 10 words or more, an additional recognition period of 3 seconds must be added, or 2 seconds if the text contains 9 words or less. See Appendix 1 for a table of hold durations. (But see also Guideline 9IIdi below)

If this is happening when starting Scrivener via its icon, and Scrivener is set to open most recent project, perhaps most recent project is corrupted or missing? If have some other project or earlier version of project available, try instead launching by double clicking a project’s project.scrivx file rather than starting Scrivener via icon?

I’m using Scrivener (1.6 prod and 1.7 betas) on Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit without any problems. Previously used them on Windows 8.1 Pro 32 bit without problem.

There’s always the option of uninstalling/reinstalling Scrivener (need to save any settings, etc?).

Hope that helps.

Glad it’s working now.

There’s no need to make a video. As I’ve already said in response to your other posts in the subject, we’ll revisit the load text on the installer at a later date. Right now we’re trying to wrap things up for the 1.7 release and removing the text from the installer is not at the top of the priority list, but we have made a note of it.