Comments background color turned brown not yellow?

Hi again,

I’m SO pleased that the recent update has solved the issue of background between highlighted text blocks turning white! Thank you thank you thank you, geniuses! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, on top of my other post, there’s another problem hanging on for me since Sierra, and that’s the background colour of comment boxes on the right side of the screen.

These have always been yellow, but since Sierra, when I create a new comment, the text I’m commenting on, and the comment itself, turn dark brown. I’ve looked and looked but cannot find a way to change this manually – is there a way I’m missing? I see that you can change the colour of the comment pane, but not the colour of the comment boxes – and the highlighting within the editor – itself.

It makes it virtually impossible to read the text I’m commenting on inside the editor, as you can see from the screenshot.

Anyone else have this issue, or any ideas?
Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 4.31.08 pm.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 4.24.25 pm.png

It is possible to choose an arbitrary colour like that, perhaps that happened on accident at some point and Sierra is a red herring? Have you tried right-clicking on the comment in question and selecting yellow from the list of provided options? Once you do that, it should go on using yellow until you change it again. Presumably, if it was changed to brown at some point the same rule would apply and it would continue using brown until you use another.

Glad the highlight problem is solved for you! Sorry it took a while, we had hoped Apple would fix the problem on their end, but it looks like they are happy with this odd change.

Are you kidding? You made my Christmas with this update! :smiley:

I’m a muppet and you’re absolutely right. I just right-clicked by accident – I never realised you could even do that, and now I see it in the manual! I’m so sorry. I don’t know how I missed that, but Sierra is definitely not at fault here. I’ve no idea how that happened because I didn’t even know that menu was there. But yes, thank you, I think that’ll solve the issue!

-Muppet.

No worries, and merry Christmas!