Comments Formatting

Greetings,

I am creating a document that includes inspector comments. When I compile this and export it into PDF format I want to include these comments inline. This is working perfectly, but what I want to do is change the formatting (font size, face, color) of these exported inline comments. In other words the inline comments should have different formatting than the normal text of the document. How do I do this?

If you go to Section 24.21.3 (Compile comments and annotations) of the Scrivener Help Manual - p407 in my version - it should answer all those questions.

Greetings,

Thanks for the source and I have actually looked into this section myself. It does provide much detail regarding comments and how to export them, but it does not seem to cover how to change the formatting (font face, size, color) of them. I am able to successfully export the comments inline within my PDF with no problems. I want to change their look as part of the compile process itself.

Greetings,

I realize that this may be trivial for those of you who may know how to do this but I need serious help. I have dug through the application and export settings to no avail. I want to compile my document into a PDF making comments appear inline using font face, size and color of my own choosing. Would some kind soul please give me details on how to accomplish this?

I don’t think there is a way to set this font formatting up in Compile. But you can format your comments within the Inspector (use ⌘t to open the Font dialog). You can change font size, colour etc. for the comment and at least font family and size. I tried changing colour of the comment (⇧⌘c), and its font and this survives a compile to PDF. The only thing that didn’t compile was the font colour of the comment text…

Greetings,

Yes I was unable to find a solution that worked through the compile process also. At least now it seems I was not missing something and it appears it cannot be accomplished. Thanks for your help!

Just to be clear, have you tried setting the font and comment colour in Inspector, and doesn’t this do most of what you want to achieve?

Perhaps when Scrivener 3 is released with styles this customisation option could be revisited…

Greetings,

I was hoping for a compile time option as this would allow me to change the entire document at one time like you can with other things. My document will be quite large and while the method you showed may work it would quickly become tedious should I need to change formatting in the future.

One way to go is to export to Docx, if you have Word. However, I’m not that sure it looks that nice. Seems Word minimizes the text to fit in the comments… Maybe if you print it horizontally or increase the font size in the document…