Comments not copying over with export

Hi there! I have exported a .scriv project from Scrivener on Windows 10 (Version: 3.1.5.1 (2073405) 64-bit - 06 Jul 2023), but when I open it on another machine (Windows 11 - same version of Scrivener) everything seems to be there except the comments - e.g. custom metadata tags, snapshots and notes are there. Nothing at all shows in the comments tab - no dates, or blank entries etc.

I’ve tried re-doing the export, and opening the .scriv from the file location as well as the ‘open’ prompt within Scrivener.

Is there something specific I need to do to export with comments, or is this a Win 11 issue? Thanks in advance for any help! :slightly_smiling_face:

Why are you exporting it? Just use File → Back Up → Back Up To…, choosing a thumb drive or other drive you can open on your other computer as the destination, turning on ‘Save as zip file’ for extra safety.

Then connect the thumb drive to the other computer, copy the zip file into an appropriate directory on it, unzip it, open the .scriv folder, click on the projectname.scrivx and away you go.

That is presuming you don’t have a local network means of transferring files between computers and do not wish to use Dropbox or other cloud service for the purpose. If you have either of those, just transfer the zip file that way and proceed as above.

:slight_smile:
Mark

3 Likes

Hi Mark! Thanks so much - that worked like a charm! I guess I just used the wrong method :melting_face:

Thanks again, have a lovely day.

1 Like

My pleasure. I too try to do things the wrong way from time to time.

:slight_smile:
Mark

1 Like