"compare" function: text disappears

The “compare” function doesn’t work anymore. I can take a snapshot (or several ones) of a document, and it appears correctly in the inspector window, but when I press the “compare” button the text in the Inspector disappears entirely. Has anyone out there the same problem?
It is very annoying, since I use Scrivener for editing and I need to have an historical of the work and check for differences between processing stages.
Note: I have the “not-App Store” Scrivener version: I downloaded the installer from the L&L website.

Hello mitrane, and welcome to the forum.

I’m going to hazard a guess and say that you’re using macOS Ventura on your Mac. Is that correct?

If so, this is a known bug in macOS Ventura and has been reported to our Mac development team for review. We have this thread on this topic.

Hello RuthS,
thank you! Yes, I have Ventura.
I hadn’t used Scrivener for a few months, so I didn’t realize that the problem was related to the system update. Hopefully future updates will fix this.
(Strangely enough, I searched the forum for a thread on the subject but couldn’t find it)