Compatibility issue

Has anyone else had a problem opening the Beta Scrivener Backups? I have a backup from Beta 2.9.9 and when I installed the new Windows official release, I get an error saying I can’t use it because it’s an older version. Anyone know a way to fix this? I’d like to recover this without having to copy/paste the contents over.

The backup has the new version 3 format. You need to open it in version 3 and save it in the older version for version 1.9 to be able to open it.

Where do you save to an older version?

‘Save as’ (in the beta) doesn’t offer a ‘save as earlier version’ that I can find ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe I’m a little slow.

At this time, only Scrivener 3.x for Mac has the “Export to 2.x” function.

Okay - just being in the Windows section of the forum I guess the comment wasn’t relevant then.

I was confused. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

So, you’re telling me they released the new Windows release with no compatibility for their Beta files unless you convert it with the Mac version? Figures.

The official Windows release predates the beta by quite a bit.

You should also be able to use the File -> Export -> Files command to extract your work if you no longer wish to use Scrivener 3.

Katherine

Whilst it’s not possible to save back to the V1.xx in the Windows beta version, you can run both versions side-by-side and simply drag folders between the two versions and ‘re-save’ in the V1.xx again, if that helps.