Compile Draft... loses formatting

When I compile a draft and export as RTF, I am losing basic font formatting (bold, italics, etc.).

If I change the default export font from Courier to something else (in the formatting tab of the “Compile Draft” window), then I lose font formatting. Also if I check “preserve formatting,” I lose italics, bold, etc., which is the opposite of the behavior I would expect.

I’ve tried searching the forum of this issue, but came up empty. Thanks.

Please see the “Compiling the Draft” section of the Help file - that covers what you need to know. Especially note the checkboxes that convert italics to underlines in Text Options (as per standard novel MS format) and the information on “Override Text Formatting”.
Best,
Keith

I’ve tried reading the reference guide, and something continues to elude me. I have italic and bold text in my scrivener document. I have checked “keep format” for all my files. I have unchecked “override text formatting,” and yet when I compile/export I lose my italic and bold text. Doubtless, I am missing something obvious, but I’d nonetheless appreciate any further guidance.

Have you unchecked “Convert italics to underline” in the Text Options box? The quickest way to get to the bottom of where you are going wrong would just be to zip up your project and send it to me at support AT literatureandlatte DOT com. That way I can just see straight away what is going on.

Best,
Keith

P.S. Sorry, I normally try not to give “read the manual” replies as I did earlier, but I’m in the middle of a big development push on the next free update (and trying to fit in family things around it - it’s half-term).