Compile Enumerated Outline to Word Outline

Hello Scriveners,

I’m just getting started with scrivener and am loving it thus far, thanks for such an excellent product. I’ve been learning the compiling system, and one thing that I haven’t been able to figure out is how to compile an “Enumerated Outline” into the Word .docx format, such that the Word Outline View actually shows the document hierarchy. Currently the outline text is available, but not mapped to the native Word Outline Heading types.

Am I missing something or is this not possible?

Cheers,

Nolan

There is no stylesheet support in Scrivener, from the top down. Generally this does not post much of a problem however, as it is simple to select similar styles in Word and apply stylesheet settings to those bulk selections until the document is fully formatted. For most people that will only be a few minutes of work at the end of months of writing—so you can see why we are hesitant to spend huge amounts of time reverse-engineering Microsoft’s proprietary stylesheet format when we could be doing other things like working on the writing platform itself. :slight_smile:

Glad to hear the software is working well for you.