Compile Error, Scrivener 3.1.5

Hello,
I am attempting to perform an ePub compile on a completed manuscript and keep receiving a message indicating that there is an error on a specific line and column (screen shot of message attached). How do I go about finding the error in question? When I turn on “show lines” the line number in question does not appear, and I have no idea how to locate “columns”.
Thank you in advance…
Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 4.07.40 PM.png

Hi Ron. I had a similar error about a year ago. In the end, I had to delete a chapter from my book, recompile, then see if the error still occurred. I had to repeat this process quite a few times, deleting portions of my book bit by bit, then recompiling. In this way, I finally was able to isolate the portion of the book that was causing the error. In my case, the error related to trying to compile a section (a binder item) that had no text in it.

My guess is that the line and column numbers in the error message relate to code within the Scrivener software, and do not relate to anything you can see in your manuscript

I hope someone from L&L can give you a better answer.

Hello,
Thank you for your reply. Your solution sounds like it was quite time consuming. The manuscript in question is being prepared for upload to Amazon, so the ebook format that I’d employed can be replaced with a .pdf version which appears immune to the problem encountered in my initial post. In fact, the pdf file looks perfect on screen, but it remains to be seen how it will be interpreted by Amazon’s algorithm.
But thanks again for your reply, and I too hope that L&L will provide an easier method for sorting out problems of this nature.