Compile for kindle ebook output font is always courier regular?

After upgrading scrivener from 2 to 3 version I can’t get the basis font to be palatino anymore for kindle ebook.
I checked all section and chapter settings and they show palatino font. Yet, after compiling all body text fonts show up as courier regular. Interesting, that in Kindle Preview 3 the body font is correct. In kindle app and know on Amazon website in preview it shows palatino. I spent good week learning new settings in V3 and I still don’t know what’s the problem.
Is it because I opened book made in V2 in V3 version now? I"m not so sure.
Pictures in V3 also show very weird behavior. Many of them had disappeared in V3 and re-appeared after I put them back in V3 manually.
I think V3 is a totally different software now. It’s definitely better now but many things behind the compile need MAJOR re-work.

I did some tweaking and converted the documents into DEFAULT FORMAT and now everything became Menlo Regular with style called code span. Yet, when I go to formatting for Code Span it shows Palatino font.
Where I can find default format? please

I found the answer.
I had to go to document - convert and remove all styles. Now all works great.

YET. I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY THE AUTHOR OF THIS GREAT APP WON’T TAKE TIME TO CREATE 10 SHORT VIDEOS WITH VERSION 3 REAL LIFE EXAMPLES TO TEACH US humans HOW TO TWEAK THIS PROGRAM.

PLEASE PLEASE…TAKE 5 BOOKS 5 EXAMPLES AND COMPILE THEM ON YOUTUBE THAT’S ALL.

FIELD BY FIELD … SETTING BY SETTING IT’S SO SIMPLE

Have you looked at this? https://youtu.be/dlrYkJOro5k It’s the first of four. There are plenty of others by other people.

And it might be worth considering that the developer has children, a wife, plenty of work to do in developing and supporting the program, and probably likes to relax a bit when he can :slight_smile:

There’s an upgrade guide for Scrivener 2 users here:
literatureandlatte.com/scri … date-guide

There’s also a very extensive collection of tutorial videos here:
literatureandlatte.com/lear … s?os=macOS

And lots of blog posts walking through specific tasks here:
literatureandlatte.com/blog

Katherine

I watched all official videos on youtube. Most non-official ones are VERY superficial / shallow… in my view.
THERE IS NOTHING ON VERSION 3 COMPILE AND FORMATTING THAT WOULD SHOW EXAMPLES AND GO INTO MORE DETAILS.

I understand that the developer has family and children. Yet, good training video would save millions of hours for users and 80% of the questions from this forum would disappear.

Version 3 is killing this software and scare away many Scrivener fans.

No.
Compiling in version 3 is much easier than in version 2.
In ebooks, the reader software decides which font is displayed, not the writer, so it doesn’t really matter what output font you choose.

The upgrade guide I linked above is a real life example. Except that, unlike a video, having a live project lets you poke around and experiment.

Katherine