Compile include date of creation for each section

I’m using Scrivener for note taking in class and would like for it to, when compiled, include the title of the section as well as date of creation of that section (which I know is kept track of) above each section. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

To include date (and time), you need to use placeholders. Go to "Help-> List of All Placeholders . . . " to see the variety of data you can include in your compile formats. Here are the ones related to date and time of the creation of the document.

<$createdTime>
<$shortCreatedTime>
<$mediumCreatedTime>
<$longCreatedTime>
<$fullCreatedTime>
Gets replaced with the created time of the document, using one of the formatting styles specified in the System Preferences. (Note that <$createdTime> is the same as <$shortCreatedTime>).
<$modifiedDate>
<$shortModifiedDate>
<$mediumModifiedDate>
<$longModifiedDate>
<$fullModifiedDate>
Gets replaced with the modified date of the document, using one of the formatting styles specified in the System Preferences. (Note that <$modifiedDate> is the same as <$shortModifiedDate>).
To specify a custom time format, include the format after a colon and before the closing bracket, like this:
<$modifiedDate:HH:mm:ss>

And to include the titles of sectons or documents (as well as their text), edit the compile format you are using (or perhaps best to edit a duplicate thereof) and adjust the settings in the Section Layouts area to tick the Title box of the relevant section layouts.

Thanks for the directions. I found I was able to do what I wanted to do by in compile options, go to Formatting and check the box next to Title for one of the “levels” (still not sure what those really are - is it how nested they are in the folder structure? - but I found which level did the right thing. Then click “Section Layout…” and add “<$modifiedDate>” as a Prefix.

Glad everything worked out.

Yes, “levels” refers to nesting depth in your Binder. Section layouts can be assigned to docs automatically by their level (or they can be set manually). If you are a scene-docs-in-chapter-folders kind of person this is very handy.

gr