I knew I was in for trouble because ever since upgrading to 3.0 my word count has been stuck at “0”. When I go to compile in the right hand column I get the message “No documents selected to compile.”
When I choose different sections of the document in the Compile drop down, nothing changes. I get two random documents included if I choose “search results” or “synced documents”. If I select a bunch of documents I can get them to compile but that seems very clumsy.
I’ve tried applying a filter. That didn’t help. I’ve read through the manual. Not helpful. It seems to assume that you already have a populated list of documents in the compile window. I don’t. My Scriverner file originates from a template that I downloaded so it doesnt’ have a folder specifically named “Drafts”. Not sure if that’s an issue. I’ve tried checking the section formats (and changing them). Seems to make no difference. Totally stuck.