Compile Question 2

As I move my manuscript from WriteItNow to Scrivener, I’m noticing that when I compile, the last paragraph in a chapter seems to have the wrong formatting. The standard novel manuscript has left justification, regular .5 inch indent on the paragraph, and double spacing. However, the final paragraph of a chapter, regardless of the number of scenes, has center justification, no indent, and single spacing.

Note: Based on previous advice for handling a series, I am using the binder to store multiple novels, so my chapters and scenes are one level deeper than if I were doing a single novel.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a formatting bug?

Thanks for the help!

Bug. Last paragraph is picking up the formatting of the following first line, so in the standard manuscript format that’s likely to be the title prefix–in other cases it will be the first paragraph of the following document, etc. I believe this has already been fixed for the next release, which will be out shortly.

It has nothing to do with the way you’re arranging your binder, so don’t worry about that. It’s just the formatting. Also it’s related to the word processor you’re opening in–e.g. if you compile to RTF and open in Word, you’ll see this, but if you open in OpenOffice, it appears properly.

Perfect! I am opening an RTF output in Word.

Absolutely love the way you guys respond to questions. Thank you for your help!