Compile templates to Latex.

I am trying to use templates in Scrivener like MLA of APA and compile it to Latex file. I opened the file, type nothing and press “compile”. The compiled file gives an error message like this when I am compiling the Latex file:

ERROR: LaTeX Error: There’s no line here to end.

— TeX said —

See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
Type H for immediate help.

l.41 \maketitle

— HELP —
A \newline or \ command appears between paragraphs, where it makes no
sense. If you’re trying to ``leave a blank line’’, use a \vspace
command.

This happens in both MLA and APA templates, I didn’t test another one. But it seems fine when I tried to compile an empty project. Please tell me how to solve that problem. By the way, I am using MMD3. Thanks.

These templates are not designed for MultiMarkdown usage. They are set up for people that do not use LaTeX and are formatting everything in a word processor. That’s not to say they cannot be used, but there wouldn’t be a whole lot of reason to, as most of their benefit is in the formatting they provide (which will be 100% lost when going through MMD). What you would want to do is use a LaTeX class for these. None are provided in the built-in kit, but if you look into the documentation for MMD, you’ll find where that can be done. Basically the built-in system we use is a streamlined version of the LaTeX MMD support package, where you can set up the boilerplates used to define the class and other preamble details in external files and embed your content within them. The LaTeX Options pane in Scrivener provides this framework for those that do not have the system set up on their computer, and so it will produce the .tex boilerplate files into the compile folder when exporting. Those .tex files should provide a ready example of how you can customise this. One way of doing so would be to use the custom setting in the LaTeX Options pane to paste in your top-level preamble boilerplates. You are provided three fields for doing so: (a) the top level declarations (b) anything else in the preamble that should be declared after any meta-data has been provided, and © the footer which is placed at the bottom of the .tex document.