Compiler and Cover Problem

I’ve been trying to compile a novel in ePub format and everything works great, except that the compiler does not include the cover image.

The cover file (jpg) appears in the binder and appears in the compiler options. When the file is selected from the drop down menu, the image previews correctly in the compiler options. I get no error messages when I compile, but when I open the finished ePub file in Adobe or iBooks, the cover image is not there and there is no “Cover” entry in the Table of Contents.

I’ve deleted and re-imported the image multiple times in different sizes without making any difference. I’ve put it in different folders (Research, Front Matter, E Book), also without resolving the issue.

I’ve not had any problem with proper compiling in other projects. In fact, I’ve used one as a template for this book and others.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mudcat

Please download a fresh copy of 1.8.6 from here and install that over your existing copy when Scrivener is closed. There was a bug causing the cover problem in the initial release, which was patched a few hours later, so simply installing the newer version should resolve the issue for you. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks MM – Works like a charm again.

I thought I was going crazy and was about to re-read One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (I still might).

Scrivener is an excellent product!

Thanks again.

Mudcat