Compiler doesn't work, list is empty

Greetings,

I have encountered strange bug in my Scrivener (i’m using latest version of Scrivener on Windows 7 and Windows 10, with files being synced over Dropbox).

When I go to Compile screen, no files are there, although it’s evident they’re in the Scrivener themselves. It says I need to select a file containing text and even If I do, nothing can be compiled. I’ve made dummy Scrivener project to test it with same configuration and project layout and it works without a problem).

I have to say it worked before.

So… can you help me out? :slight_smile:

Post this in the Beta Testing forum, which is where it should be and where the team will see it.

I don’t think it should be there. “Latest” as in latest stable.

Version: 1.9.13.0 - 25 Jul 2019

You haven’t somehow managed to have the work you wish to compile not in the Draft / Manuscript folder?

Every single text file is chapterized into folders inside manuscript.

Hi Arnel,

It is possible in the Compile screen to change the folder the Compiler is pointing to. See highlighted bit below.

Check that you haven’t inadvertently pointed it to an empty folder.

Best,
Jim

Thank you, Jim, but nothing seems to be happening. This is my left panel and compile screen. I can only select Manuscript and Search results in drop down menu. Inside SEZONA folders are text files. Please bear in mind I have the same branching setup in other documents and they show in compile screen.

In your screenshot, the Sezona folders are not in your Manuscript folder. If you move one of them there, can you select it?

Katherine

Hello, Katherine. No, it doesn’t seem to work. Moving either text files or folders themselves doesn’t make them show in compiler. No matter where I put them.

False alarm, everyone. Sorry for disturbing you all. It seems there is another Manuscript in the top level. I don’t know why, but all the folders have moved out of it, plus I’ve mistaken Manuscript for Manuscript format. Sorry everyone. :slight_smile:

Glad you figured it out! :smiley:

Yep, that will do it.

The top level Manuscript folder is created when you create the project, and has the “magic” property that Compile only looks there for files.

Katherine

Thanks, Jim and Katherine!