Compiling - inspector footnotes -> comments

Just want to make sure I’m not missing it somehow, or if some combo of the Footnote & Comments + RTF Compatibility options will let me do this.

In WinScriv I had been compiling Inspector Footnotes into Comments.

Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 10.30.56 AM.png

Can’t find the same option in MacScriv.

Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 10.32.08 AM.png

I’ve switched to Footnotes into Endnotes for the time being, but if at all possible I’d prefer Comments just to be consistent with my previous output.

There is indeed no option to do this on the Mac, and I didn’t realise it had been added to the Windows version! If you want something that can switch between being either comments or footnotes, it’s best to use inspector comments instead.

Good, so I’m not just being blind then. :laughing:

The only knock against Inspector comments is I need both them and Inline annotations - and I need them to behave differently in Word.

The inline annotations need to end up as inline comments in Word, but the Inspector Comment I would want as a Word comment (so it doesn’t actually appear in the text.) And there’s only the one “Export to RTF as:” setting which covers both of those.

But I tried it as an Endnote and I think that’ll work out. In fact, if I hadn’t had that endnote, I’d probably still be tearing my hair out wondering what I’m doing wrong and why Word can’t find my superscripts. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: