Compiling question that I can't figure out

When I try to compile a manuscript and download it, every document (which are individual scenes in my manuscript) is preceded by the title of each pre-compiled document.

How do you compile and download so that it doesn’t include the name of each individual document?

Thank you!

Hi adamfawer. On the File > Compile panel, you’ll click the “Assign Section Layouts” button. In this panel, you’ll want to assign a section layout to the documents that does not show a document title in the example text.

You might also want to check out our 4-part series titled “Getting Your Work Out” on the Mac tutorial videos page.

You can click on the dropdown and select “macOS” to see its video page.

I’m suggesting you view the macOS compile videos because our developer has not recorded a Windows-specific set of compile videos.

While some of the settings shown on the Mac version are different from the PC version, the overall compile process and the steps needed to customize the compile settings are similar. You might find seeing that process demonstrated is helpful.

The Tutorial also has some documents about the compile process. And, Chapters 23 and 24 in the Scrivener manual go into detail on the settings and customization process. You can access a PDF copy of the manual from the Help menu. That is also where you can access the Tutorial.