Complie - Using Mac OSX 10.9.4

Could you assist? I purchased Scrivener in 2011. I’m using Mac OSX 10.9.4. I’ve verified my Scrivener registration is “Active”. Although, I’ve not used the software in several years. Everything seems to be working but COMPILE. I’ve tried it from the drop down menu and the icon. I get proper format but the text is gibberish like…

Zntzbdnptzbn/Znpztzng Znpzdnnt
Nvnnt: Nxnpntzvn Bbxzd Mnntzng whnzn Dnvzn zs zntzbdnpnd xs thn Nnw PNB.
Whxt Hxppnns:* Xmxndx xssnzts hnz vznw xnd zs nmbxzzxssnd (nb nxpnzznnpn znnnzng

I’ve gone through SUMMARY and ALL OPTIONs but don’t see how to change the setting.

If I go to FILE, PRINT CURRENT DOCUMENT…I’m able to print out the current document. The text and format is correct, but I can’t print the entire manuscript at one time nor does it save as a .rtf or .doc.

How can I get the compile to work?

Looks like you might have been using a NaNoWriMo template, designed to obfuscate the words while still allowing for a legitimate word count. Look at the Replacements tab of the compile window. There’s probably something there that replaces a set of letters with another set of letters. Just remove those replacements, and you’ll be good to go.

Fantastic! Replacements was the answer. I deleted all of the lines even though none of the boxes were checked. I appreciate your help! :slight_smile:

In case you ever want to make your own replacements, I just wanted to let you know that the check-boxes aren’t enable/disable toggles; they just alter the rules by which Scrivener matches the stuff in the “Replace” column.