Composition Mode Background Image size

Hello Scriviner Peeps 8)

I have a question. Not sure if it even has an answer but here goes.

Adding images to my Scriviner project (YAY)
Found out I can use one as a background in composition mode (DOUBLE YAY)

Issue I am having… the images are so freakin large, I can’t really see them.
I tried it with a large image, then again with a smaller image (same size used in Twitter profile) and they come out about the same size.

Is there a way to adjust that in the new version of Scriviner?

Thanks in advance for taking a look.

Nitewriter :mrgreen:

The Composition backdrop should be resizing itself so that the short side fits in your display, cropping off the ends if necessary. So it shouldn’t matter to much if the image is large or small, the main difference you will notice is quality. If the image is much smaller than the total screen size, then it will look blurry. So given that, I’m not quite sure what you mean by the image being too large to see. Would it be possible to attach the graphic you are having troubles with, so I can test it on this end? Also let me know which version of Scrivener you are using. I suppose one thing that could cause what you are seeing is if the picture is very tall or wide. Then you may only see one portion of it. I would try finding a graphic that fits your screen better, or use an editing program to adjust the graphic.

Amber

Thank you for getting back to me.
I am attaching both the screen shot and the image itself.
Image is 490x750

And the image file itself.

As Amber said, the image is resized automatically so that the short side matches your display. The short side of this image is horizontal, so the image is being expanded so that it’s as wide as your display. That’s why it’s too large vertically. If you get an image that’s better proportioned for a landscape display then it’ll look much better. If you’re intent on using that image, then you’d have to do some editing in photoshop or gimp to add something to the sides.

I personally like writing on paper: