Composition Mode - Project As Background

Hellooo,

I just updated to Scrivener 3 and am loving it so far! But I’m having a bit of trouble with the background for composition mode; I don’t want a background, rather I’d just like to see the project itself but faded–so composition mode sits on top of the normal scrivener project if that makes sense?

At the moment, when I turn on composition mode the background is just whatever window I happen to have open or my desktop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :laughing:

Thank you!! <3

What do you mean by “the project itself”? A specific document or folder? Whatever you mean by it, I don’t think there’s a way to do it.

I’ve determined how to do what you want on the Mac, but sadly I can’t give you detailed Windows directions—with any luck someone can help you with Windows directions, or tell you that it can’t be done yet…

First, set up your Composition Mode behaviours like so: (these should be somewhere within the Options dialog if they exist)

• Open Composition Mode on Current Screen (on Mac, this is a drop down menu selection.)

Next, enter Composition Mode. On Mac, there is a “Background Fade” control in the Composition Mode control bar. Adjust that until you can see your main project window in the background.

Again, I have no way of knowing if this is even possible on Windows, but if it is, this is roughly how it would be done. I’ve included Mac screenshots as a general guide to where to look for these controls.

Hope this helps!
[attachment=1]Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 13.23.20.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 13.22.27.jpg[/attachment]

This is exactly what I needed, thank you so much!!

That window is in file / options in windows (in case any other windows users come here for answers) but it’s in nearly the exact same place within the options section :laughing:

Thank you again for your help! <3