Configuring Multimarkdown for Scrivener 2.0

Has anyone successfully figured out how to configure Scrivener 2.0 for use with Multimarkdown?

I had this all set up with the previous version, using Fletcher’s documentation, but so much has changed in the menu structure of 2.0 that it’s not obvious to me how to get this to work.

I’d appreciate any tips, help, etc. Thanks …

I presume you mean within the Scrivener interface itself; where the various MMD related options are an so forth? If so then you’ll find most everything has been moved into the compile feature itself. When you have an MMD mode set as your format in compile, all of the option panes will adjust themselves accordingly, and there will be a special meta-data pane as well just for adding MMD meta-data. There were two other options in the old version of the MMD settings sheet, and these have been moved to appropriate option panes within compile as well. The rest is pretty much the same. Note you can also place a document called “Meta-Data” into the top position of the compile group. If you do so, this will be used to append to the master meta-data in the compile sheet.

Yes, I meant “controlling Multimarkdown generation from within Scrivener.”

Thanks for the tip–it was all I needed. I couldn’t see anyplace to put the metadata anymore, and I didn’t think the UI would change when I selected that output.

Thanks!

Yeah, there are a lot of optional panes that never appear, or change radically, depending on output mode. Big things like e-Book Options, obviously are irrelevant to everything except epub and mobi, so they are hidden everywhere else, to small things like adjusting the text option to convert em-dashes to triple-hyphens instead of double-hyphens, for MMD. The Formatting pane will also show you an MMD preview for titles and other elements you add to documents.

I am very new to the MMD->LaTeX capabilities of Scrivener, but really really want it to work. I think this is the perfect solution to working with a high-end organizing interface, and a low-end typographical markup language. The compatibility with TextMate is also a significant plus. I am familiar with LaTeX, TextMate, Unix, Perl. I am unfamiliar with XSLT.

I am running Scrivener 2.0, and have downloaded the latest versions of Fletcher’s MultiMarkdown and MultiMarkdownGallery. I think I have a clean installation of everything.

When I open the sample.tex document in the Gallery and compile it through TextMate everything is fine.

When I open the sample.scriv document in Scrivener (which asks me to convert it to 2.0), compile it, and then compile the output sample.tex file, all the section headings are missing.

The result of running diff on the Gallery supplied .tex file, and the Scrivener generated .tex file, is appended.

Anyone know what is going wrong here? Am I alone on this?

135a136,138

\chapterstyle{\mychapterstyle}
\pagestyle{\mypagestyle}

161,163d163
< \chapter{Introduction}
< \label{introduction}
<
174,176d173
< \chapter{How to Use This Document}
< \label{howtousethisdocument}
<
201,203d197
< \chapter{Where Can I Get a Copy?}
< \label{wherecanigetacopy}
<
233,238d226
< \chapter{So, What Can This Document Demonstrate?}
< \label{sowhatcanthisdocumentdemonstrate}
<
< \section{Metadata}
< \label{metadata}
<
284,286d271
< \section{Structure}
< \label{structure}
<
296c281
< Introduction (\autoref{introduction}) (and to \autoref{introduction} when using LaTeX), for instance. And if you are creating a PDF, it will contain

[Introduction] (and to [Introduction] when using LaTeX), for instance. And if you are creating a PDF, it will contain
301,303d285
< \section{Footnotes}
< \label{footnotes}
<
308,310d289
< \section{Tables}
< \label{tables}
<
337,339d315
< \section{Typographical conventions}
< \label{typographicalconventions}
<
349,351d324
< \section{Image Support}
< \label{imagesupport}
<
371,373d343
< \section{Bibliography Support}
< \label{bibliographysupport}
<
381,383d350
< \section{Glossary Support}
< \label{glossarysupport}
<
410,412d376
< \section{Math Support}
< \label{mathsupport}
<
432,434d395
< \chapter{Now What?}
< \label{nowwhat}
<

You are not alone. :slight_smile: That sample file was produced in 1.x. Whatever the case, when you upgrade a file its old compile settings are not included as there were too many changes made to the sub-system for a direct conversion to be feasible. I’ve attached a compile preset for 2.x which will fix the problem. All I did was clean up the Meta-data option pane a bit, and then re-enable title generation for all document types in the Formatting option pane.

The rest of the project, as far as I know, works fine. I did a test compile to HTML and it looks good.
MMD Gallery Fixer.plist.zip (4.56 KB)

Just the question I had. What does one do with the .plist file, though? Should it be placed in a certain folder?

Open the compile screen, and at the bottom you should see a “Load…” button; click that, then click the “Import…” button and select the plist file.

Thanks, Ioa. Works like a charm.