Constant gain session word count

Hello! First off, this is an absolutely fantastic tool that has changed my life and writing forever. It inspired me to pick up the craft again, where I had once considered abandoning it.

Now, as for my suggestion! When I first came across the “session target” feature, I fell in love with it.
One thing I would love, however, is if there was a feature where deleted words did not subtract from the overall session target. So, if I were to replace the word “hand” with “palm,” it would count as me writing two words.
Actually, I mistakenly thought that this was how it worked at first! It made me super motivated to go back and revise my work, because I belived it would be contributing to my daily goals. I was a little bit heartbroken when I realized I was wrong, and I’ve been missing the motivation it gave me since.

I would absolutely love it if this could somehow be implemented, to help track editing progress!

Thank you again for creating this amazing software! I have never been more in love with a program :heart::heart::heart:! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I don’t know if this is quite what you’re going to want, but:

[attachment=0]AllowNegatives.jpg[/attachment]

Ahh Rats! It seems that this setting isn’t present on the windows version. Oh well, perhaps in a future update it will be?

But… the screenshot @DevinGanger posted is from a Windows version. The Mac dialog looks quite different. Are you using the new Windows 3.0 version?

Yes, indeed it is from Scrivener 3.0 for Windows. 1.9 looks quite different.