Control-Command-D Not Working in Composition Mode

Not sure if this has been reported already, but I did a search and couldn’t find anything.

The Control-Command-D shortcut for the dictionary does not seem to work at all while in Composition Mode. It works in full-screen mode and smaller, but not in Composition Mode.

Anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?

Macbook Air, 13", 2016, connected to Vizio smart TV/monitor.

Best,
Michael

Our hardware is a little different, and I’m using 10.12.2, but it does seem to be working fine for me in composition mode. I can say that the Look Up function hasn’t been terribly reliable, and we’ve been getting scattered reports of it not working in one context or another, for the past few years. My hope is that it will be better once we’ve migrated out of the older 32-bit frameworks. Some people have more luck with one method or another—the three finger tap for example might work, while the shortcut doesn’t or vice versa.

Hi Amber,

Thank you for your help. Yeah, even the contextual menu (right clicking) doesn’t allow me to “look up” the word in the dictionary app, while in Composition Mode. It’s very strange. The entire method works while in full-screen mode or regular (minimized) mode, but not Composition. I do not have a Magic Trackpad for my desktop setup, because I use a mouse while I write.

Thank you,

Michael Weinstock