convert ALL comments to footnotes??

Hi all,
I have been merrily plugging along, working on my father’s life stories in Scrivener, and have thoroughly enjoyed the learning process. I love having the tutorial open as well, and have referred to it and/or the internet many times when a question comes up about how to do something with the program…

Unfortunately I have not found an answer for my current problem. While editing, I have made many comments that I want to pass on to my father regarding clarifying, adding, etc. to his material. The problem is that I just played around and now it appears I can NOT print the comments along with the text when I compile.

Is there a way to do this that I’m not seeing, or alternatively, is there any way I can convert all the comments to footnotes?

If I make them into footnotes, the easy or hard way (ugh), do they format with numbering so Dad can track the various footnotes while he’s reading? In this case, maybe someone can just point me to a screenshot so I have an idea what to expect.

Thanks so much for your help.

Dawn in NJ

Comments certainly carry over to pdf or rtf when I compile, so it must be something you are doing. You will need to be more specific about what you are doing. One hint – if you are compiling to rtf then viewing the document in TextEdit you won’t see the comments because TextEdit isn’t sophisticated enough to support comments or footnotes. If that isn’t the case, there must be some other problem.

Martin.

PS: when you say “comments”, I take it you mean either inline comments or inspector comments – in other words, you are not referring to Project Notes or Document Notes. Terminology is actually important here.

Martin,
Thanks for the reply. I experimented a bit more and was able to get the comments to show up on a pdf as inline text. That’s fine for my purposes.

Danw