Convert an old Scrivener 1.9x preset into a Scrivener 3.0 format.

I have both Scrivener 1.9x and the Scrivener 3 beta (currently at Beta 14) installed on a Windows 10 machine, but in the compile settings in the Scrivener 3 beta, there is no option to convert a Scrivener 1.9x preset into a Scrivener 3 compile format. Am I missing something, or is the feature itself missing?

The Compile command has changed too radically in Scrivener 3 for presets to be transferable.

This upgrade guide for Scrivener 2 users was written for the Mac version, but will probably be fairly applicable to the final Win Scrivener 3 version as well. I don’t know how well it will work with the beta, though, as I’m not sure what features are still missing.
literatureandlatte.com/scri … date-guide

Katherine

They haven’t yet implemented one of the tools that the aforementioned migration guide would cover. Once this is completed, you’ll be able to import v2 presets, as well as the options that your project was using before it was upgraded. I’d say in most cases that will require some adjustments to get it working as you expect, but it should at least get most of the hard work out of the way for you.