Convert font in entire project

This can be done “by mistake”, by opening a project in the iOS version on an iOS device which does not have the font used in the project, editing the project, and then opening it in Scrivener on the desktop. Then the font will be Helvetica.

This is an excellent tool! I would love to have the ability to change the entire project to use the currently selected default font and size (retaining only italic and bold settings). It would be such a help for my sanity.

This is of course second best. The best would be if Scrivener always displayed everything in the editor in my default font and size, regardless of changes made in the styling. An option to make it that way would be even more welcome!

You can import the necessary font onto your iOS devices. I have my preferred Adobe Garamond Pro font family in Dropbox/Apps/Scrivener/Fonts. I think that’s all you need to do and Scrivener will find them … check the Tutorial section on Sync’ing with Dropbox; however, I used the free “FontManager” to install them within the iOS system so that they are available to all text manipulation apps on my iPad. It took the upload time for Dropbox, plus a couple of minutes to complete.

I would imagine that you need Mac versions of the fonts in question rather than Windows versions, but I don’t know for sure as I am Mac based anyway.

Mark

Aside from the above, which is the approach I would take as well (I use my own custom fonts while writing and definitely keep copies of them installed on the iOS version so it can open my projects without resorting to Helvetica!):

The easiest place to do that would be on the Mac or PC, using the Documents/Convert/Convert Formatting to Default Text Style… menu command. You will have options for the types of formatting to apply to the selected text files (you can select the entire draft for example if you wish), but basic stuff like italics and bold will always be retained.