Convert Inline Footnotes to Regular Text

I am having to move all my citations from being footnotes to being inline citations. I have been able to convert my inspector footnotes to inline footnotes–this gets the text in the right place. But, once I compile, they are still converting to footnotes (which makes total sense). What I want to be able to do is strip the inline footnotes of their formatting and just leave the citekey/text as written in the body of the draft. Is that possible to do?

You could just toggle off the footnote highlight, of course. But surely there is some distinguishing formatting you will be instituting for your inline citations!

If you unfooted each and made it an inline annotation (and had “include annotation” enabled), each of your citations would then upon compile appear in place enclosed in square brackets — which might actually be ideal for your purposes.

Thank you for this response! Forgive me, but how do I “toggle off the footnote highlight”? And if I ddi want to make them inline annotations, how would I do that? I know how to make comments/footnotes, but that’s about it.

If you select some text and type the command shortcut for inline footnote, it will turn that span into an inline footnote. If it already is an inline footnote it will make it not one. That is to say the function is a toggle function — same procedure for turning it on or off.

Ditto for inline annotations.

-gr

You have no idea how much time you just saved me. Thank you!!

1 Like