Convert markdown

I can’t figure out how to import a markdown file so it appears as rich text in Scrivener. I found this in the manual but can’t figure out why it’s not working. Where do I "tick"that option? I’m sure it’s a simple answer. Thanks! Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 5.47.23 PM.png

Hi.

File > Import > Import and Split > [Navigate to and select the Markdown file you want to import} > Options > Convert Markdown > Import

Slàinte mhòr.

Thank you! That got me one step closer. But what if I don’t want to split into a bunch of different pieces? I can’t seem to uncheck the “split and structure…”

Hi.

Easiest way I know of is to import and split, then select the imported documents in the binder and choose Documents > Merge (CMD SHIFT M) to put them back together as a single file.

Slàinte mhòr.

Or choose the second split option, but in the box, type in a string of characters that don’t ever occur in your document, such as !!!##################$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$#############. It won’t find that long set of characters and so it won’t split the document.

Can’t get that to work … the Markdown doesn’t convert. Does it work for you?

Slàinte mhòr.

MDsample.txt (54 Bytes)

Ah, I was totally wrong. I didn’t try it myself, and thought that it would allow markdown conversion with custom section separators, but now I see that the markdown conversion option is disabled when you specify separators.

Sorry. :blush:

I had the same thought originally, but couldn’t get it to work for the reasons you now describe. On reading your first post, I assumed I had failed to make it work because of user error. But we’re on the same page. Thanks for confirming.

See you and lunk in Vermont for some vermouth.

Slàinte mhòr.