Converting Annotations and Pageless Compile in Scrivener 3?

I recently migrated from Scrivener 1 and need help to find my way around some changed features.

As the Format->Convert is gone, is there any way to convert inline annotations to comments and back? This is vital to integrate external comments into my work without the interface becoming overloaded. Please tell me if there is a way. :pleading_face:

Secondly, when trying to compile parts of my manuscript, they inevitably convert into a multiple-page format.
What I actually want is to convert it into an RTF file without page distinction. Can you tell me how I can achieve that, please?

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon! :star_struck:

As a general note, if you are looking for where a menu command has been moved to, you can click on the Help menu, and use the search tool at the top of that menu. In 99% of cases, nothing has been actually removed from the software, but plenty of things have moved, and a few renamed. These commands in particular have been moved to the Edit ▸ Transformations submenu.

Secondly, when trying to compile parts of my manuscript, they inevitably convert into a multiple-page format. What I actually want is to convert it into an RTF file without page distinction. Can you tell me how I can achieve that, please?

In most cases all you have to do is go into the compiler, click the Assign Section Layouts button below the preview area, and go through your list of types in the left sidebar one by one, changing them to layouts that don’t have a page break indicated above them. It depends on which Format you are using though—some assume you’ll always want folders to create a page break. That can be changed of course, but let me know if that’s an issue you need sorted.

1 Like

Many thanks for the fast answer!

That fixed my first issue, thank you.

But my second problem remains. When I compiled, I only used the Layout for the “section” without a page break indicated above and when formatted into the RTF file it still was broken up into pages. Can you tell me which options I need to activate in “Edit format” when I want a full text without pages?

Could you provide an example of a document that looks like what you are thinking of? It almost sounds like you are asking for your word processor to stop paginating, but that’s not how these things work to my knowledge.

I will once I get home from work!