"Copy as HTML" no longer works in 2.5?

I often use the “Copy Special …” Basic using

and option for blogging.

This morning I find that this action yields a total mess – coding in the wrong place, paragraphs repeated five times.

Wondering if some changes to create 2.5 have messed with this feature?

David

2.5? Do you have a time machine? Do I do a good job of the rest of it? :slight_smile:

As for 2.1 - the most recent version on this timeline - no, nothing has changed in this code at all, and it works fine for me. Can you please send me a sample where it always messes up?

Thanks,
Keith

I’m having this same issue with all the Copy Special–>Copy as HTML commands on the 2.1 App Store version of Scrivener for Mac. I’ve noticed that it particularly affects paragraphs in which there is italicized or bolded formatting, and the copy-and-pasted results just go haywire.

As an example, I’m pasting here a single sentence I wrote that contains two italicized titles, the copied using Copy Special–>Copy as HTML (Basic, using

and ):

That’s one sentence that gets multiplied five times.Imagine the madness I feel when confronted with an entire page of this stuff. I find I really can’t use Scrivener 2.1 for my blog’s HTML code because of it.

Yep, that’s the problem. Do you have MacJournal? While I wait for Keith et al. to enlighten me, I have been taking blog posts and dropping them into MJ – there, the Copy as HTML function works as expected. MacJournal has not updated in a good long time, which may be relevant.

Anyway, that’s my workaround for the moment, while Keith is on the case.

David

Just to let you know that I think I’ve fixed this for 2.1.1 (thanks to David for sending a sample project). I hope to post a beta before I go away at the end of the week.

Thanks,
Keith

Thanks for the quick work, Keith. It does seem to be fixed. I’ve been using Copy as HTML normally in the new beta, with no problems.

Bon voyage,

David