Copy/Paste with Text Styles...

As a sciFi guy, who gets his final edits from his pro editor - I always need to copy a new scene in MSWord - then paste it into the proper placement within Scrivener…

Except that in sciFi - the names of spaceships - i.e. the RN Marwick are always italicized…

Which I can’t do via copy/paste…could you make that possible? Would really help in that a novel has like 500 ships named and I have to go one by one by one by one, selecting and italicizing same…

— WAIT — or allow me to replace a RN Marwick with an RN Marwick including in the text style too!

Gosh that’d be SO cool…

I’m confused by the first part of this–when you copy and paste from Word into Scrivener, it should maintain your italics. If you’re using Paste and Match Style in order to get the Scrivener formatting, try instead using the regular paste and then Documents > Convert > Formatting to Default Text Style on the document to update it to the default editor formatting in Scrivener. That will get your fonts and ruler settings right without affecting the italics.

Ahhh…that worked.

But when I went to the Doc > convert > formatting to default text style the italics stayed nicely…

But the text was not full width in the window - it was cut down to say 1/2 width…and I couldn’t
use the backspace to add lines together either…

how come?