Copying folders?

There doesn’t seem to be a way to copy folders? Am I missing something?

I managed it by making another project, putting the folders I want to copy into it and then dragging between them. This works fine, but it seems like an odd way to do it.

The reason I want to do it is so I can set up template folders for info I want to keep on index cards. This way, I can have, f.e. a stack of cards for the characters in a scene, another one for the setting (time, place) and so on. I don’t want to set up the format for each scene individually.

Of course, I don’t know if this method will stick, I’ll have to try it out and find out.

Nice app, btw, thanks.

Beth

I think the feature you are looking for is Duplicate. Select the folder you wish to make a copy of, press Cmd-D (also located in the Documents menu), and then drag the new version to its intended location and rename it. Duplicate will copy not only the item selected in the Binder, but all of the items that are set beneath it, including all of their keywords, status, labels, and so forth. And yes, this works for all things in the Binder with the exception of the Trash. You can even duplicate your entire Draft, though note there can only be one “real” Draft, and it will be denoted with a special icon. The duplicate will look like an ordinary folder.

Yep, that’s exactly right. It’s actually in the Documents menu, fwiw.

Thanks, Beth

Ah, thanks. I knew I should have double-checked that. :slight_smile: