Could not save Binder. Error: Could not open binder file.

I was having trouble with the autocorrect function so it was suggested to uninstall and reinstall Scrivener using a fresh download. Done. Done twice, actually - yesterday and again today.

But I am getting an error. Here’s what it says…

"The following errors occurred while saving your project.

Could not save Binder.
Error: Could not open binder file.
Identity: ‘Scrivener:Folder:Plain’
Location: ‘C:/Users/GaryComputer/Dropbox/Scriv/bookname17sep14.scriv’

To avoid losing your latest changes, make sure you have enough space and write access on your storage device.
Etc"

I logged in to my Dropbox.com account and there is 18GB free diskspace. Also the saved project.scrivx file from 6 minutes ago is already there. And yet I get the above Scrivener error msg. Same thing happened yesterday.

Gary

Your computer (and thus Scrivener) is blissfully unaware of your Dropbox quota, so the problem would actually be, if anything, an issue with how much space is on your hard drive. If you are getting this message only sporadically, it may be you are running low—once it gets close to full, the actual amount of free space can vary quite a bit depending on how much you’re currently doing (web browsing can take a huge toll on free space), as the computer will use a portion of your hard drive for working space. A good rule of thumb is to have at least 10–15% of the drive free after a reboot. That leaves enough space for Windows to work, browsers and other memory intensive software to store caches, and you not to run out of working space.

The other condition is of course what is in the error message—maybe you can’t write to those files for some reason. That would usually create a consistent error however, rather than something that only happens now and then.

This error can also occur when another program has locked the file. We’ve seen this happen with Memeo Backup (also called WD AnyWhere) and possibly with Iomega Home Storage Manager. If you’re using any kind of system backup software or other service that regularly monitors your files, try excluding your Scrivener project files from it. (If you store all your projects together in a parent folder, you can just exclude that parent folder to make this simple.) Keep your Scrivener backups in a location that is regularly backed up, of course; you just want to exclude the active copy of the project.

Hi AmberV. And thanks for responding.

I have 319GB of free space on my computer, so that’s not the problem.

Seems the error is intermittent because I was just able to open another old .scriv file for my book SuddenD. and compile it successfully, with no error msgs. The compiled .epub book then happily converted into .mobi by Kindle Previewer, and then I can read SuddenD. just fine inside my Kindle Reader.

But repeating the process with my more recent book YoungB. is problematic. Even KindlePreviewer is failing to work with the file that Scrivener produces.

Ideas anybody? They’d certainly be appreciated.

Gary

PS: MimeticMouton, I’m investigating your point next. Thanks.

MimeticMouton, thanks for contributing.

I do use Livedrive and Dropbox as backup services. Livedrive for everything. Dropbox for Scrivener. Have been doing so for some weeks without these error msgs.

I also use MalwareBytes Premium, ditto.

So I’m still hanging out for a solution. Actually for TWO solutions. 1, for my initial problem (Could not save Binder) and 2, for the new problem (where Scrivener output isnt accepted by Kindle Previewer).

H-e-l-p
(please)

Ah yes, a 1/3 of a terabyte should be sufficient! :slight_smile:

A quick thought on the .mobi issue: make sure KindleGen and Kindle Previewer are both up to date. I’ve had problems in the past where KindleGen produces a .mobi that Previewer could not read, and it turned out I had a version of gen that was newer than preview. Given that Kindle Previewer actually has a copy of KindleGen embedded within it, it would be using a version that is most certainly compatible with itself—that may not be the case for the external KindleGen that Scrivener must make use of.

Have you checked permissions on the project that is causing you difficulties? Make sure you have full read/write privileges on all of the files and folders in your project.

AmberV,
My KindlePreviewer says I’ve got the latest version - 2.922 - which appears to be confirmed (sortof) at amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000765261

However that page is to download Previewer 2.92 for Windows XP, Vista, 7. But I am using Win8.1 Could that be the problem? Methinks probably not because all this was working well until a few days ago.

//

amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000765211 is where you download the latest KindleGEN. Again the same problem - it’s not offered for Win8 or 8.1
BUT my whole set up was working until a few days ago, even with these apparent mismatches.

//

I’ll now check permissions (inside my Windows Explorer, I presume). THANKS.

Permissions seem to be okay.

Here’s how I checked them…
Hover over project.scriv, right click, Properties, Security tab, all are ticked except ‘Special permissions’ for the 3 group/user names there.

Again, the odd thing is that this same setup worked for one book and failed for another within the same hour.

Very grateful for all the suggestions so far, but still needing a solution.

I’ve turned off all backup programs (that sounded like a great possibility, AmberV), closed down Scriv, rebooted and successfully produced a new .mobi book which I can read in my Kindle Reader.

BUT very quickly Scrivener gave me another of those pesky “Could not save Binder” errors.

In a word… AAAAAAAGH!

In 3 words… Any new ideas?

Good news. After half a day of intense use (several successful compiles, a manual backup, many edits), I’ve had no further Binder errors. So from this I conclude that it must be the automatic computer backups that were causing the problem. I turned them off half a day ago.

So, happily, Scrivener appears to be working. Unhappily, my backup program for the computer is turned off.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this journey.
Gary

Okay, excellent! Hope it stays that way. As for the backups, maybe they can be scheduled to run at a certain time, and then you can just know when to avoid working with the system during that interval. I try to make that a policy for my computers anyway—I try to do it at the end of the day, and quit all programs while it is running. It’s probably not strictly necessary, but I’ve never liked the idea of a backup that may include “working” partial files since locking is not uncommon and can mess things up either way. Either the program gets locked out, or the backup gets locked out and then it might as well not be a reliable backup.

Ironic, really, but since writing my happy note here (and thanks for your tip re backing up), Kindle Previewer is repeatedly giving me fail messages. “Has failed to compile the book.”

That is both using the latest .epub as an input and using older (previously successful) .epub files as the input.

One complication I now recognize is that I am using Windows 8.1 on this new-ish computer but Amazon doesnt support Win8. How hard is it to change Win8.1 back to Win7 which Amazon does support?