Crash at startup in 10.11 beta 3

That explains why some people were having this issue and some were not. Since it is such a minor issue for Apple, I am glad it was found so that everyone can use Scrivener again. That very easy do-it-yourself solution worked great and took mere seconds to get everything up and running. Thanks!

Yes, it’s finally works!
Thanks!!!

First time using Scrivener today, thank you for the detailed fix.
Looking forward to putting the software through its paces.

Apple released OS 10.11 beta 4 yesterday, Scrivener is Okay now.

Good to know, thanks. I bet the headers and footers are still upside down when printing or generating PDFs, though - I haven’t seen anything about them fixing that, yet.

˙˙˙ʇǝʎ pǝxᴉɟ uǝǝq ʇ,uǝsɐɥ ʇᴉ 'ʇɔǝɹɹoƆ

I installed DP6 last night, and I do not get mirrored text in headers and footers when printing to PDF from Scrivener or TextEdit. So hopefully that one will just become an amusing memory.

Are you sure? The bug persists for me. The main text area and the print preview in TextEdit are now fine, but headers and footers in Scrivener are still upside-down when I generate a PDF from it. I’ll keep an eye on it, but I may need to use an alternative way of drawing the headers and footers if they don’t fix it (you know, like not using the standard override point any more…).

In DP6 I’m still getting the mirrored text in headers/footers when compiling to Print and saving to PDF from there (though it appears correctly in the print preview)–haven’t tried a physical printer yet–and when I compile direct to PDF with the “Publishing” option. “Proofing” comes out all right, so that’s perhaps a workaround for anyone needing proper headers and footers now.

You know what, false alert, I have some more updates to apply in order to break it. :slight_smile:

Ha. Well, the good news is that I know how to fix it if necessary. I just ran a test, moving the header and drawing code out of the “draw page borders” NSView method (you know, the method provided by Apple especially for drawing things in the borders of pages while printing) into the main drawing method, and it works fine there. I only did a rough code swap for testing purposes - I’d need to do some more work on it if I need to do this for real - but it will only be about an hour’s work to fix if Apple don’t fix it their end. I’ve submitted another bug report to them about it, too, seeing as they seem to think it’s fixed. It’s exactly the sort of thing they probably won’t care about, though.