Crashing Camp Nanowrimo trial version

Forgive - and redirect! - me if this has been asked and answered.

Am using Mac 10.5. Watched the intro video, downloaded the Camp trial version for Mac, moved it to my applications… Everything looks okay, but it was spinning and spinning after I created a “new project.” I saved the file, such as it was, tried to reopen it. I can’t actually write; the compose button is grayed out. The system grinds away, then won’t let me quit. On restart, it acts like we’ve never met, with the Try option, and so on.

I deleted the program, emptied the trash, reinstalled. Same difficulties as before.

Do we have to register someplace, even though the trial is free? Does it need java or something to run?

Not looking this fabulous gift horse in the mouth… just floundering a bit. Thanks for any light you can shed!

No, this sounds like a genuine issue. There is no need to register to use the demo, and the software only uses Java when you import/export certain word processor formats (and can even be completely disabled).

The symptoms you describe are not immediately indicative of any known problems, so I would just recommend some general system cleaning first. Download a copy of Maintenance for your version of Mac OS X, and run that with default settings. After doing so, reboot the machine.

After rebooting, go ahead and trash your Scrivener preferences file if you haven’t already tried to. This will be the ‘com.literatureandlatte.scrivener2.plist’ file, found in ~/Library/Preferences.

If these steps do not work, there are more things we can try.