Crashing in the Corkboard split-view of the Tutorial

I’ve repeatedly encountered crashes when I perform the split-horizontal view. I can successfully view the ‘Draft’ folder in Corkboard view, but when I click the ‘Research’ folder, Scrivener experiences a severe slowdown (the mouse pointer changes to an hourglass). When I attempt to click inside the Scrivener application, I’m prompted to wait for the program to recover or to exit the program. I’ve allowed Scrivener to wait for as long as 3 minutes, but control of Scrivener is never returned to me.

I’m using the HDI version of the 2.9.9 beta.

That sounds to me like a problem with one of the documents in your research folder, a corrupt image, PDF or something like that. How much content of what types do you have in your research folder?

:slight_smile:

Mark

As Mark mentioned, there may be something within the Research folder that is causing some issues. Do you get the same issue when viewing the Research folder in a single pane editor Corkboard mode? You could add a folder at the same level as the Research folder in the Binder, move all of the contents into the new folder, then view the empty Research folder in a spilt view editing pane and move one item at a time back into the Research folder to see which one is causing the issue.

Thank you for the response! I’ll try out the suggestions and report back this weekend.

@xiamenese - The content of the Research folder is the content that is included as part of the Tutorial. I’m going through the tutorial to learn about v3 features and capabilities.

@Jestar - I experience the same issue when viewing the Research folder in corkboard view in a single pane. I also moved the contentst of the Research folder to a different folder (named Untitled) at the same level ( Research folder empty; Untitled folder contains contents of the Research folder). Even emptied out, I was not able to view the Research folder nor the Untitled folder in corkboard view.

To be more specific - Scrivener does render the corkboard view in split panes, but then hangs and I have to restart the program. There is no data loss (that I can see) from having to recover this way.

By the way - I have since recreated the Tutorial project and am now able to freely view the Research folder in corkboard view in a dual-pane configuration. No issues at all; Scrievenr remains responsive. I still have the original project that was hanging Scrivener.

Something definitely didn’t get created properly for some reason. If the new version works for you, I would just dump the one that doesn’t and not lose any more sleep over it. The tutorial project is built on the fly (on demand), so it could have been a bad sector on the HD, a corrupted file creation, or… If you were unable to build a new tutorial project that worked, I would be more concerned about having the devs take a look at it.