crashing when authorizing/choosing backup/scratchpad

I have a new macbook pro with retina display and bought scrivener on the app store yesterday. It won’t allow me to authorize directories for access, or choose the destination folders for backups and scratch pad, which are both blank. Either nothing happens, or the program crashes when I try to do these things. Is this a known issue? Is there some kind of fix? Thanks for your help.

Hi, thanks for buying, and I’m sorry you’re having issues. In fact, we are investigating this issue right now. One other user reported it, so we have been trying to reproduce it (it is rare and has so far only affected a couple of users). One of us seems to be able to reproduce it; I reproduced it once in a new user account but I saw a warning about the keychain not having proper access to an xpc account. Have you seen any warnings like this at all? The bug relates to sandboxing, which Apple has recently made mandatory on the App Store. If you create a new temporary user account on your machine, does it happen there too? I really want to get to the bottom of this one ASAP…
Thanks!
All the best,
Keith

Auto-correct to the rescue once again!

Indeed. I love how autocorrect makes you look far more mental than you would because of a it of dodgy texting skillz. :slight_smile:

Okay, I’ve been investigating this further and it seems that Apple screwed up in some of their 10.7.4 installations. Is your new MacBook running 10.7.4 by any chance? (I would expect it to be running Mountain Lion, hmm…) If so, please go to the Apple menu and select “Software Update…” and see if there is an update available for your Mac.

All the best,
Keith