Creating hyperlinks in Scrivener

Note: This post is not about making internal Scrivener links.

Hi there,

I have been using Scrivener for several months, and am in love with it. I am amazed at all the complexities of this program cleverly hidden away.

Now, there is one issue I have. You see, I wish to create hyperlinks in my book to jump between pages.These links will be visible in the book itself, on the Kindle. I have looked in the manual, but have been unable to find a solution. Also, if I put pictures into the book (i.e. by dragging and dropping them), will they show up on the Kindle itself, or will they be only visible inside Scrivener itself?

Thanks,

twistedtree

Hello,

I’m a little confused because you start by saying that this question is not about making internal Scrivener links, but then say that you want to create links between the pages for your Kindle export - and using internal Scrivener links is exactly the way that you would do that. When exported to the Kindle, Scrivener links become hyperlinks between pages. Am I missing something? Is there a reason you have disqualified Scrivener links?

As for images, yes, absolutely they will be in the final book.

All the best,
Keith

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the prompt reply. The reason why I (initially) disqualified Scrivener links was because I was under the impression that they were completely internal and would not be present in the book itself. (At least, this was the impression that I gleaned from the manual). Thanks for clearing that up, along with my question on images.

Is there any way in the “Notes” page, which is automatically created when you make footnotes, to have linebreaks in between the individual notes, so that they do not become hard on the eyes?

For example, instead of:

1. Note
  2. Note
  3. Note

it would be:

1. Note

2. Note

3. Note

Best,

twistedtree