Creating New Drafts

Hi Everyone,

So I’m about half way through a draft of my book but my editors has come back with lots of changes.

I’d like to keep the draft I have. And I’d like to start a whole new one with all the new changes.

Is there a way to keep creating new drafts from chapters one through six, which is what I have completed but still keeping the draft I have?

Best,

Jonathan

For each one, use “Take Snapshot” (cmd-5) to take a snapshot of the draft as it exists. Then edit away - you will be able to access the old draft of that document via Show Snapshots.

Hope that helps.
All the best,
Keith

Does Take Snapshot freeze in amber the whole file at once? Or just a folder at a time?

I’m at the point where I go back through the whole more-or-less finished project and take out all those things I thought were so clever and which on eighteenth re-reading aren’t, but some of which, on the twentieth re-reading, were essential.

It freezes in amber just an individual file - a single text file. You can choose “Take Snapshots of All Text Documents”, though. Another option is just to duplicate the Draft folder by selecting the Draft folder and hitting cmd-D. Then you have a copy of the whole original draft and can edit and rearrange the stuff inside the Draft folder for your revised version.

All the best,
Keith